Keep your bedding looking and feeling its best with our simple and straightforward care tips.
Before using your bedding
- Washing before use will help to remove any impurities that may have gathered during shipping and storage.
- Bed linen can feel crisper than normal when new so washing before use will make it feel softer and continue to soften with each wash.
- Wash inside out with similar items - same fabric and same colour.
- We recommend airing your duvet and pillows 1-2 days before use. Natural filled duvets and pillows may have a slight odour that will disappear quickly once aired.
- Machine wash on a normal cycle, at 40°C or less, using a small amount of a mild liquid laundry detergent. Wash inside out with similar items - same fabric and same colour.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners as they can damage the high quality fibres and result in premature wear and tear and avoid using detergent pods and powders as they can stain or fade the fabric.
- Some skincare and cosmetics, hair products and dyes and household cleaning products may contain benzoyl peroxide, alpha hydroxy acids and chlorine bleach. These can cause discolouration.
- Do not dry clean as this is a chemical process that can damage your bed linen.
- The 100% cotton storage bag should be hand washed separately.
- Our duvets and pillows are fully washable at 40°C using a mild liquid detergent. Do not use bleach or fabric softeners as they will damage the high quality fillings and fibres resulting in premature wear and tear. However we recommend taking your duvet and pillows to a professional specialist cleaner as most domestic washing machines are too small.
- Do not dry clean.
- To remove any small stains or marks, spot clean by using a clean damp cloth with soapy water then leave on a flat surface to dry thoroughly.
- Always invest in pillow protectors to keep your pillows clean and fresh.
- Drying naturally outside on a washing line is ideal and should cause less wrinkling. Dry flat or hang over a drying rack.
- Tumble dry on a low heat and avoid excessive heat as it can destroy the natural fibres of the fabric, shortening the life span of your bed linen.
- Avoid dryer sheets as they can damage the natural fibres resulting in premature wear and tear.
- The 100% cotton storage bag should be dried flat.
- For natural filled duvets and pillows tumble dry on a low heat, however we recommend using a professional specialist cleaner as they need to be thoroughly dried.
- For Hypoallergenic fibre filled duvets and pillows hang outside to air when the weather is dry. Avoid direct sunlight. Alternatively tumble dry on a low heat.
- Do not use or store your duvet or pillows until completely dry as moisture can damage the filling.
- The 100% natural cotton storage bag should be dried flat.
- If tumble drying cotton bed linen, remove from the dryer when slightly damp and use a medium to hot iron to flatten any wrinkles.
- Drying naturally outside on a washing line will minimise wrinkles so no ironing should be needed.
- 100% Linen is best unironed for a relaxed look, or iron on a cool temperature.
- The 100% cotton storage bag should only be ironed on the reverse with a warm iron.
- Do not iron.
- Keep your bed linen folded flat in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid storing in plastic. Use the Frida Home London 100% cotton storage bag your bed linen arrived in.
- Keep your duvet and pillows in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Avoid storing in plastic. Use the 100% natural cotton Frida Home London storage bag your duvet or pillows arrived in.